(46) Jesus said, “From Adam to John the Baptizer, among those born of women, there’s no one greater than John the Baptizer, so that his eyes shouldn’t be averted. But I’ve said that whoever among you becomes a child will know the kingdom & will become greater than John.”
(47) Jesus said, “A person cannot mount 2 horses or bend 2 bows. And a servant cannot serve 2 masters, or that servant will honor one & offend the other. No person drinks aged wine & immediately desires to drink new wine. New wine isn’t poured into aged wineskins, or they might break, & aged wine isn’t poured into a new wineskin, or it might spoil. An old patch isn’t sewn onto a new garment, for there would be a tear.” (48) Jesus said, “If 2 make peace with each other in a single house, they’ll say to the mountain, ‘Move from there,’ & it’ll move.”
(49) Jesus said, “Blessings on those who are alone & chosen, for you’ll find the kingdom. For you’ve come from it, & you’ll return there again.” (50) Jesus says, “If they say to you, ‘Where have you come from?,’ say to them, ‘We’ve come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established itself, & appeared in their image.’ If they ask you, ‘It’s you?,’ We’re its children, & we’re the chose of the living father.’ If they ask you, ‘What’s the evidence of your father in you?’ Say to them, ‘It’s motion & rest.'”
(51) His disciples said to him, “When will the rest for the dead take place, & when will the new world come?” He said to them, “What you look for has come, but you don’t know it.” (52) His disciples said to him, “Twenty-four prophets have spoken in Israel, & they all spoke of you.” He said to them, “What you look for has come, but you don’t know it.” (53) His disciples said to him, “Twenty-four prophets have spoken in Israel, & they all spoke of you.” He said to them, “You’ve disregarded the living one who’s in your presence & have spoken of the dead.”
(53) His disciples said to him, “Is circumcision useful or not?” He said to them, “If it were useful, children’s father would produce them already circumcised from their mothers. Rather, the true circumcision in spirit has become valuable in every respect.” (54) Jesus said, “Blessings on the poor, for yours is heaven’s kingdom.”
(55) Jesus said, “Two will rest on a couch; one will, one will live.” Salome (In the Christina New Testament, the daughter of Herodias, who danced before her stepfather Herod Antipas (22 BC-AD40, son of Herod the Great, tetrarch of Galilee & Peraea 4 BC-AD 40.). She married Herodias & was responsible for the beheading of John the Baptist. According to the Christian New Testament (Luke 23:7), Pilate sent Jesus to him before the crucifixion. Given a choice of reward for her dancing, she asked for the head of John the Baptist & thus caused him to be beheaded.) said, “Who are you, mister? You’ve climbed onto my couch & eaten from my table as if you’re from someone.” Jesus said to her, “I’m the one who comes from what’s whole. I was given from the things of my father.” “I’m your disciple.” “For this reason I say, if one is whole, one will be filled with light, but if one is divided, one will be filled with darkness.”
There are 12 lines missing in the text. So in the next blog post, I’ll be starting on 73.